Thursday, December 28, 2006

Molly (RIP)

A month after Leona adopted Emily from the Humane Society for us, my parents and I went on vacation to Las Vegas. When we came home, we discovered that my youngest sister Pam's boyfriend had given her a kitten. My mom wasn't happy to say the least! We already had a cat and she didn't want another one. But Molly was such a sweet little kitten, that she won her over. She was a clever little thing, always getting into everything and once she grew up, she discovered how to open sliding doors. At the time, the cats were kept out in the patio since I had a parakeet that lived in a cage in my bedroom. Molly would open the sliding screen door between the kitchen and the patio, sneek in, and knock the parakeet cage down to the floor! She also opened cabinets and the sliding doors of the closets so we had to add hooks to the doors. She got very sick when she was seven and the vet discovered she had feline leukemia. Since she never went outside, the vet thinks that her mother probably passed it on to her. We had our other cats tested since they all shared the food and water bowls and Blackie and Molly would groom each other but luckily the other cats were okay. Molly went to the Bridge on September 18, 1997 but I still remember the mischief she got into with a smile.

6 Comments:

At 12/28/2006 5:24 AM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Molly was such a sweet and beautiful girl! She does look so much like Lacey from 12/27's Kat's Cat! Those green eyes...wow! And who's bigfoot in the background?! That's not Bebe, is it?!?

 
At 12/28/2006 6:14 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

A lovely story about a lovely kitty.

CalicoMom Toni

 
At 12/28/2006 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sweet Molly - you sound lots like Midnight, who also gets into everything. it's sad that your life was so short, but you left behind lots of nice memories.

 
At 12/28/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Bebe said...

Yep, that's me in the backgrowd checking owt whut's in the bowl.

 
At 12/28/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Bebe said...

And I know how to open sum of the doors too! I getz in truble sometimes like the time I got locked in the pots and pans cabinet when they closed the door on me and dint check furst to see if anykitty wuz in thare. I mowed reel lowd until they herd me and let me owt. Molly got locked in closets too.

 
At 1/01/2007 1:54 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Awww, a lovely tribute to a lovely cat. Funny, the cat probly outlasted the boyfuriend! It's good to look back an amember the good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home