Sunday, August 20, 2006

Favorite Toys

Hi, it's Linda. Pumpkin is sleeping right now so I thought I'd tell you about some of the favorite toys that the cats play with. Bebe lost it quite awhile ago, but he used to have a toy that he carried around and talked to. It was once a fake sheepskin mouse but after being repeatedly drowned in the water dish, the eyes, ears and tail fell off, some of the "fur" fell off too and it got very lumpy but he just LOVED that toy. We never found out what happened to it but he used to tuck it away in hiding places and one of those hiding places MIGHT have been the trash can.

When Tiger was younger, he used to play with a sparkly tinsel ball. He also loved to play with mylar crinkle balls and mylar mice. When you'd roll it around in your hand so that it made a crackly sound, he would come running. He still gives them a swat when he walks past one but he no longer chases them around the floor like he used to.

Pumpkin LOVES paper balls. When you crumple one up for him, he'll appear from wherever in the house he was and sit there impatiently waiting for you to toss it to him. He'll bat it around a bit and then take it to another part of the house to play with. We find them all over the house.
Blackie doesn't play with the boys but she'll play with the cat toys when no one's watching. I'd be in the kitchen and see a mousie go flying throught the air in the patio with Blackie chasing after it. I couldn't get a picture of her doing it but they end up all over the place. Once I even found a mousie in one of my shoes!

6 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Scout has a sparkly ball just like that, and he loves his furry mice! The sheepskin toy sounds like a well loved cat toy, too bad it disappeared, though it may pop out where you least expect it!!!

 
At 8/21/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I once accidentally sent one of my mousies to a model train show. See, Mom and Dad take speshul boxes to the shows that are open at the ends and have two little werlds inside, wif one the sky fur the other. When they open the boxes, the werlds go side-by-side. Anywho, my mousie was hidin in the box an they took it along to a show. Mousie jumped out onto the sidewalk, but a furiend saw it an KNEW it was mine! So I gots my mousie back. I like crinkle balls an I steal napkins frum Mom's lap.

 
At 8/21/2006 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are furry nice toys, but you forgetted ta mention your best toy of all...QUINCY! REAL LIVE FEV-VERS!
Grr

 
At 8/21/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

All of those toys sound marvelous! I especially like paper balls myself, but I am equally fond of boxes, ice cubes, pens, and feather wands.

You all look very stunning in your photos!

 
At 8/21/2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Rascal said...

Hee hee. Blackie doesn't want anybody to know she's a kitten at heart! I like all your kitty toys.

 
At 8/22/2006 5:15 AM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

What great toys and fun! Emma's fave toy is a paper ball too! She's obsessed! Benji's fave is probably those feather wands and Emma (hehe). Marley is just like Blackie, but he gets friskie every once in a blue moon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home