Monday, September 18, 2006

Tiger's Story Part 1 - The Hedge Cat

Late one night in May of 2003, I heard a cat mewing in our hedge. I searched for it but could only get a glimpse of a small kitten with grey stripes in the beam from the flashlight since it would slip away every time I got close. It was just as well that I couldn't catch it since we already had five other cats and we didn't want another cat. However, the next night it was back again and the cries were getting more desperate so I put out a bowl of food. Every day I would look for the kitten and it was still in our hedge so I kept feeding him. Here is the first picture I managed to take of the kitten by sticking my arm in the hedge with the camera blindly aimed at him.

I kept feeding him and he got used to me and he finally came close enough so that I could catch him. He struggled a little bit but then calmed down and started purring as I stroked him. I showed him to my parents, discovered it was a little boy kitten but then I had to let him go again since it was nearly midnight and it was too late to bathe him to get rid of the fleas that were crawling on him.

Go to
Part 2 - The Newest House Cat

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 5:35 AM, Blogger Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

I love this story, can't wait to hear the rest!

 
At 9/18/2006 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww - poor little homeless baby! more story! more story!

 
At 9/18/2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh he is just so cute. What a handsome little boy.

 
At 9/19/2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

So teeny tiny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home